Here you are going to learn about how to manage storage on iPhone device with images & videos and keep reading this article find a better way to save space and then move on to iCloud storage update if you’re outdated.
Manage Your iPhone Storage Well
If your phone has huge storage capacity then it can be filled up quickly with contents like music, photos, apps, games, podcasts that consumes more space for each installation. If the mobile triggers that your memory is full, then you can easily manage those iPhone storage problems through analyzing photo and video content.
First check status
- Click -> Settings
- Choose -> General
- Tap -> Storage & iCloud Usage
- Goto -> Manage Storage
Note: iCloud Usage details shows how much memory in your accout has left in the cloud. If you want to upgrade you storage space then checkout Apple Support link.
Use iTunes to check storage
- Launch iTunes on computer
- Connect iOS device to your computer
- Select device to show usage details
- Move arrow (mouse) over to ‘Other or Apps’ for more information
‘Other or Apps’ which shows these list types:
- Audio (ringtones, podcasts, songs)
- Video (movies, tv shows)
- Apps (Installed applications)
- Photos (camera roll content, photo library)
- Documents & Data (email attachments, contacts, calendars)
- Books (PDF files, iBooks, audio books)
- Other (Siri content, settings, cached files)
Now Store Photos in iCloud
We all know that videos and images are present in iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch should be high quality and original version which consumes more space than you think. So i prefer you to use iCloud Photo Library to store these items on cloud and got those content anywhere you go without worry about phone space.
If you want to upload media items on to cloud then see below
- Goto Settings -> iCloud
- Choose -> Photos
- Turn On -> iCloud Photo Library
- Select -> Optimize iPhone Storage
There you can make more memory space on your iPhone device through storing these multimedia files on iCloud. If you want more speed and space then learn how to delete images on iPhone in one click.
Useful iPhone Storage Tips
- Uninstall Apps that you don’t need
- Try to find which app consumes more space and prefer those to iCloud
- Avoid unwanted Documents & Data from Apps
- Delete bulk messages at once
- Always turn off Photo Stream from your iPhone
- Don’t join other photo stream communities
- Register iTunes Match account
- Delete iBooks that you don’t like
- Remove old photos and iMessages (Use Photo Stream for backup)
- If your iCloud space full, upload files to Google Photos, Dropbox and use Shoebox & IceCream apps.